TahoeBlu strives to bring you the best in renewable resource furniture and other innovative merchandise. Bamboo is just one of the renewable resources that that you will find listed as a component of products throughout our site. As one of the world's most versatile and environmentally-friendly materials, bamboo has been used as the perfect natural resource for thousands of years. And because bamboo requires no fertilizers, pesticides or insecticides to grow, bamboo clothing has NO harmful chemical residues to irritate your skin.
Bamboo is one of the most prolific plants (it's actually considered a grass) on the planet. Some varieties can grow up to 4 feet a day! Once cut a bamboo plant is fully mature in 3 to 4 years and ready to be harvested. Compared to a similar strand of trees bamboo absorbs 45% more carbon dioxide from the air. Bamboo can even improve soil quality in places where erosion and degradation of the natural minerals has occurred. It needs very little water to grow, which means it can thrive in a variety of climates without depleting water supplies.
In addition to our products, our company strives to make a difference itself.
- We encourage our employees to give back by giving them 2 extra weeks of vacation to be used to volunteer for humanitarian projects.
- We use only recycled paper for anything that we must print.
- We recycle all of our received cardboard boxes as well as use recycled cardboard boxes and environmentally friendly tape to ship your product to you.
- We try to drop ship as many products as we can straight to you from the manufacturer to cut down on wasteful shipping.
- We currently offset all of our electrical usage by purchasing wind credits from the electric company.
- We find a way to recycle or reuse just about everything that we touch.
These small things can be done by any business and we encourage all of you to help us help the planet. As you browse our store we hope that you agree that we have achieved our mission of making TahoeBlu - good for the planet, good for you.